Bournemouth 0 Arsenal 2
 Ozil 23 Oxlade-Chamberlain 24

Arsenal got their Premier League title ambitions back on track with a well earned win at Bournemouth. Having not scored in nearly five hours of Premier League football, the Gunners fired two goals in a devastating first half 88 seconds, which despite a resolute response from the home side, would prove to be too much for the Cherries. Mesut Ozil tucked away from Olivier Giroud’s knock down, with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain finishing from an acute angle after some good work from Aaron Ramsey. Having taken a mere six points from fifteen available, this win bodes well for Arsenal, and especially given that table toppers Leicester City arrive at the Emirates stadium next Sunday in a must win game for the north London side.

The first competitive meeting between these two sides saw former Arsenal youth star Benik Afobe line up against the team who he never got to represent at senior level. Arsene Wenger made one change from the goalless draw against Southampton, with Oxlade-Chamberlain coming in for Joel Campbell who dropped to the bench. January signing Mohamed Elneny wasn’t even in the squad, with fit again Francis Coquelin only on the bench. With just eight minutes on the clock, Mathieu Flamini’s two footed lunge on Dan Gosling saw him receive a yellow card when it might have been much worse.

With a congested midfield, the Gunners went more of an aerial route. Ramsey picked out Alexis Sanchez, but with the angle narrowing, the Chile striker struck wide. Bournemouth, famed for their own passing style were getting midfield joy but not much in the way of early shots at Petr Cech’s goal. When one such move broke down, Ramsey won possession and fed Oxlade-Chamberlain. He picked out Hector Bellerin to cross, but Smith headed clear.

Bellerin then tucked in and again gave the ball to Ramsey. The former Wales captain picked out Giroud to head back towards the advanced Ozi for the German to strike clean and low, giving Artur Boruc no chance. Less than two minutes later and Arsenal had doubled their lead. The Gunners regained possession from the kick off and set up another attack which seemed to have broken down, until up stepped Ramsey. He switched the ball to Oxlade-Chamberlain charging up on the right. The England man took a touch before unleashing a low shot beyond Boruc and in off his upright. It was Oxlade-Chamberlain’s first goal of the season, and his first away goal in the Premier League.

Harry Arter responded by creating a shot which Petr Cech gloved over his crossbar and then Ritchie whose effort was always rising. When Nacho Monreal switched off, Smith ghosted in but Cech was alert to come out to block Cherries man’s effort.

Comfortable and in control, Arsenal should have profited when Ozil found Giroud with an inviting cross. The France striker however failed to get any connection with his attempted header. Cech had to be alert to Smith’s juggled effort, with the Arsenal ‘keeper now coming into his own. With the openness of the game, Arsenal went in search of a third goal. Ozil teed up Sanchez and the striker got enough behind his dipping shot, but it was too close to Boruc who parried it away. Giroud was denied from a header which Boruc clung onto. Boruc then denied Ramsey after Cech’s long punt out was missed by Ritchie. With the game now in time added on, Cech preserved his clean sheet with an excellent double save, firstly from Cook and then the follow up from After.